We are looking for a full-time, in-house team member to join our Author Support Team, which comprises 15+ in-house staff in our Fukuoka office as well as team members in Tokyo and Beijing. Cultural fit with the team is a must.
The position involves editing manuscripts and providing feedback and training to our freelance experts (native English speaker only), reviewing and project managing our non-editing services (e.g., journal selection, cover letter and abstract writing), assigning work to freelance experts, creating and delivering educational content through our eLearning program, participating in science community-building activities (including conducting workshops and events), and working closely with local sales and marketing staff to strengthen relationships with our clients and community partners through outreach activities. There is scope for the position to grow and evolve with the right candidate.
The Author Support Team includes Japanese and international staff. Japanese language skills are an advantage but not a requirement.
- Full professional proficiency in English (IELTS 7-8/TOEFL iBT 94-109/TOEIC 901+) or native speaker
- MUST have completed PhD or equivalent degree in life science or physical science prior to April 2018 (ABD or partial completion not accepted)
- Two-plus years of post-doctoral research or teaching experience
- Resident in Japan preferred
- Strong ability to engage with researchers and non-researchers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities
- Quick learner who can handle a wide range of tasks
- Highly computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work smoothly in a multicultural environment
Location and hours
This position is full-time and based in our Fukuoka office.
Regular employment contract, work visa sponsorship if required, social insurance, paid overtime, commuting allowance, career development opportunities, semi-flexible working hours, possibility to work from home up to 20% of schedule.
Paid leave in accordance with Japanese law + Japanese national holidays or days in-lieu + 2 sick days.
Salary will reflect qualifications and experience. Relocation expenses may be covered. Housing is not provided but assistance to obtain housing may be provided.
Please send a CV and cover letter with “Scientific Publication Expert” in the subject line of your email to Julia M. Schumann, Managing Editor & Author Support Manager, at jschumann [at] edanzgroup.com.
Be sure to include contact information for at least two professional references who are familiar with your work and can be contacted via email; applications without professional references will not be considered.
Please understand that, owing to the large number of applications, unsuccessful applicants may not receive a response.